Search Latest Updates:

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming

Mayweather vs Ortiz Online Live Streaming, News and Updates, Mayweather Ortiz 24/7

Friday, October 17, 2008

DE LA HOYA VS. PACQUIAO CHICAGO PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES

Thursday October 2, 2008
Oscar De La Hoya and Manny Pacquiao continued the “Dream Tour” in Chicago at the Sears Tower, the tallest building in the United States. Both fighters began their day in the “Windy City” at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange where they were bombarded with hundreds of employees on the Agriculture and Finance floors. As the fighters walked through the crowds, it gave them an opportunity to interact with their fans. Next stop the press conference at the Sears Tower with the spectacular view of Chicago’s skyline serving as a backdrop. Both De La Hoya and Pacquiao assured media in attendance that come December 6 they will be ready for the fight of the year.


Photo Credit: Vince Johnson - Hoganphotos/Golden Boy Promotions

Oscar De La Hoya
“Whoever thought I could be in Chicago at the tallest building in the country? And Manny, did you ever dream you would be fighting me? This is what this fight is all about.

“It is not every year you get this type of event. That the whole world is talking about.

“Bob Arum has me worried, I will make sure there are no sling shots and rocks at the fight for him to beat me up with, as David beat Goliath.

“To have this challenge in front of me, of fighting the best fighter in the world, is just motivation.

“I know Manny is coming to fight and I am going to be there to fight as well. December 6, you will watch the most explosive fight.”

Manny Pacquiao
“This fight will be great on December 6. It will be history for me to win and give the honor to my country. I believe that I have all of the Filipino people behind me.

“I will do my best to make people happy. I am training very hard.”

Richard Schaefer, CEO Golden Boy Promotions
“Manny Pacquiao is a young and fast lion that knocks people out. Oscar de la Hoya is a ten-time world champion who is trying to get back to the top.”

Bob Arum, Chairman of the Board, Top Rank Inc
“This morning at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Manny was very excited because he is very into being with people and with the fans. He asked to take a tour, and waved to his fans from beginning to end.

“Many people have said to me that Manny is smaller than Oscar. I respond with ‘you do not understand the history of boxing.’ There have been great fighters in the past who do this all of the time.”

Mark Taffet, Senior Vice President of HBO Pay-Per-View & HBO Sports
“For well over a decade, Oscar has taken on the biggest boxers in the sport. He never backs down, always wanting to fight the big ones.”

Nacho Beristain, De La Hoya Trainer
“I can assure you that December 6 you will see a great fight with the best fighters in boxing.

“We as a team are working hard to make sure that Oscar wins.”

Freddie Roach, Pacquiao Trainer
“I have had an opportunity to train both of these great fighters. Oscar trains hard and Manny is a machine.

“The advantage Manny has is that this is his fourth fight this year, and it has kept him in shape. He will win this fight.”

Source: http://www.goldenboypromotions.com/media/2008/oct/10.13.08/10.13.08.htm

Social Bookmarking

No comments:

In your opinion, how will the Pacquiao-Hatton fight will end?

Blog Disclaimer

Oscar dela hoya vs Manny Pacquiao is a personal blog that aims to share online information about the upcoming fight. This blog is a collaborative effort of individuals who are currently registered members of other online community sites. Oscar dela hoya vs Manny Pacquiao does not claim any form of ownership or copyright in the materials found in this blog. Most of the contents featured in this blog come from other sites. The said materials are owned by those sites where these resources are posted.

Recent Visitors